The College of Education (CoE) is one of oldest and most illustrious colleges at The University of Cambodia. The College offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in educational science, curriculum design and instruction, and educational administration. Graduates of the CoE have been employed in many fields in governmental ministries/ institutions, schools, higher education institutions, and local and international organizations. Some graduates some later pursue higher degrees at The University of Cambodia, other universities in Cambodia, and universities abroad. The CoE aims to produce graduate teachers who can act as role-models, and thus play a role in guiding Cambodia’s future path. Its vision is to develop talented individuals for institutions and society at large by empowering them to engage in building, strengthening and promoting high quality education in Cambodia which ensures quality education and a sustainable future for Cambodian development.
Our vision is to develop talented individuals for institutions and society at large by empowering them to engage in building, strengthening and promoting high quality education which ensures the sustainable future of Cambodian development.
- To be a center for academic excellence by providing a challenging curriculum, recruiting qualified faculties, offering the best teaching and learning facilities and environment, and ensuring good learning outcomes.
- Promote research and publications.
- Prepare students to be creative and responsive educators in a complex, diverse world.
- Provide teacher education courses which build the knowledge and skills needed for students to promote paradigms and practices that engender equality and educational success.
- To produce graduate teachers who can act as a role model and meet these expectations, and thus play a role in guiding Cambodia’s future path.
- To produce graduates who are most qualified for job markets and social and economic development of the nation through education domain
- Educational Science: The Associate’s Degree in Educational Science offers students a broad-based background for a career in primary-level teaching, including a range of elective courses and general education courses in a particular field that will broaden the students’ horizon. This will equip them with relevant skills, and at the same time prepare them for Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other career options.
- Educational Science: The Bachelor of Arts in Educational Science focuses on equipping students with the necessary background through integration of theoretical and practical aspects of education, together with the need for personal integrity, to maximize educational effectiveness. It is broad in approach regarding how education can be applied in society, ranging from the promotion of literacy through the effects of poverty and the need for community education.
- Curriculum Design and Instruction: The Bachelor of Arts in Curriculum Design and Instruction is designed to prepare students for careers as curriculum developers and/or teachers in various public or private sector organizations, be they small or large, local or international. It covers all aspects of curriculum development and instruction for primary and secondary schools, aiming to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of education to maximize educational effectiveness.
- Educational Administration: The Bachelor of Arts in Educational Administration program prepares students for administration and management careers in educational institutions. By including theoretical and practical aspects of education, together with the need for personal integrity, it is designed to prepare students to work in various administrative and management roles: for example, as principals, head teachers, subject coordinators, supervisors, senior assistants, directors of studies in schools and other education-related institutions level; as well as counselors and advisors in the educational ministries to maximize educational effectiveness.
- Educational Administration: This program is designed mainly for those with a Bachelor’s degree in Education. Applicants with degrees in other fields and at least two-year experience in teaching may be accepted into the program upon submission of certification of their teaching. The aim of the Master’s program in Educational Administration is to facilitate an individual’s transition from an active classroom life to one where they play a greater role, as managers, in the organization and development of teaching activities.
- Educational Administration: This program is designed mainly for those with a Master’s degree in Education. Applicants with degrees in other fields and at least two or three-year experience in teaching may be accepted into the program upon submission of certification of their teaching and works in the field of education. The Doctoral program, on the other hand, is designed for experienced school administrators who already have a Master’s degree, but are interested in pursuing further higher learning in order to be able to more effectively play lead roles in managing school systems.