The College of Education (CoE) is one of oldest and most illustrious colleges at The University of Cambodia. The College offers both undergraduate and graduate programs in educational science, curriculum design and instruction, and educational administration. Graduates of the CoE have been employed in many fields in governmental ministries/ institutions, schools, higher education institutions, and local and international organizations. Some graduates some later pursue higher degrees at The University of Cambodia, other universities in Cambodia, and universities abroad. The CoE aims to produce graduate teachers who can act as role-models, and thus play a role in guiding Cambodia’s future path. Its vision is to develop talented individuals for institutions and society at large by empowering them to engage in building, strengthening and promoting high quality education in Cambodia which ensures quality education and a sustainable future for Cambodian development.
Our vision is to develop talented individuals for institutions and society at large by empowering them to engage in building, strengthening and promoting high quality education which ensures the sustainable future of Cambodian development.
- To be a center for academic excellence by providing a challenging curriculum, recruiting qualified faculties, offering the best teaching and learning facilities and environment, and ensuring good learning outcomes.
- Promote research and publications.
- Prepare students to be creative and responsive educators in a complex, diverse world.
- Provide teacher education courses which build the knowledge and skills needed for students to promote paradigms and practices that engender equality and educational success.
- To produce graduate teachers who can act as a role model and meet these expectations, and thus play a role in guiding Cambodia’s future path.
- To produce graduates who are most qualified for job markets and social and economic development of the nation through education domain
Associate’s Degree in Educational Science
- Educational Science: The Associate’s Degree in Educational Science offers students a broad-based background for a career in secondary-level teaching, including a range of elective courses and general education courses in a particular field that will broaden the students’ horizon. This will equip them with relevant skills, and at the same time prepare them for Bachelor’s Degree in Education or other career options.
Bachelor’s Degrees in Curriculum Design and Instruction, Educational Administration, and Educational Science
- Curriculum Design and Instruction: The Bachelor of Arts in Curriculum Design and Instruction is designed to prepare students for careers as curriculum developers and/or teachers in various public or private sector organizations, be they small or large, local or international. It covers all aspects of curriculum development and instruction for primary and secondary schools, aiming to integrate theoretical and practical aspects of education to maximize educational effectiveness.